Dental bridges are one of the versatile cosmetic procedures you can consider when you are unhappy with your smile due to a missing tooth. Dental bridges for teeth at Lepore Comprehensive Dentistry in Dunedin, Florida, can help restore your beautiful, healthy-looking smile and the function of your teeth.
WHAT ARE DENTAL BRIDGES?
Dental bridges are pivotal in bridging the gap created by missing teeth when a patient elects not to proceed with a dental implant(s). A conventional dental bridge consists of a crown installed on either side of the missing space, replacing the missing teeth by “bridging” porcelain crowns together. Dental bridges are designed to gain support from the adjacent teeth while an artificial tooth (pontic) remains in the same space as the previous tooth. While dental bridges can be made from materials like gold, porcelain material is preferable because it closely matches your natural teeth.
TYPES OF DENTAL BRIDGES
When you are scheduled for a dental bridge procedure, you are likely to receive one of the below types of dental bridges:
- Traditional dental bridges: They are the most popular and are used when the patient has two existing teeth on either side
- Cantilever dental bridges: They are similar to traditional dental bridges, only that the dental bridge is supported by a dental crown placed on one abutment tooth
- Maryland dental bridges: They utilize two natural abutment teeth on either side of the gap. These bridges are standard for front teeth and are more conservative than traditional dental bridges because they don’t require reshaping
BENEFITS OF DENTAL BRIDGES
While a missing tooth can wreak havoc on your smile and general oral health, dental bridges can help shove aside your dental insecurities. Below are the benefits of dental bridges:
- Restores your natural smile
- Restores the function of your tooth
- Restores normal speech
- Improves your overall oral health
- Requires little maintenance
- Prevent adjacent teeth from shifting
Request an Appointment
DENTAL BRIDGES FOR TEETH
Would you like to improve your smile, confidence, and tooth functionality? Please contact (727) 608-4690 to book an appointment with the team at Lepore Comprehensive Dentistry.
Drs. Ryan Lepore and Erin Dougherty will transform your smile by fitting natural-looking and well-fitting dental bridges.
Back to Dental Bridges Page