Dental implants have become the “gold standard” for tooth replacement. Yet the natural looking crown is only the part of the restoration you see. The implant itself, which resides in jawbone, is the crucial element of a successful procedure. Individuals from Clearwater Beach, Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor, Largo, Dunedin, FL and beyond trust Dr. Ryan Lepore’s guidance in locating a trusted surgeon for implant surgical placement.
Basics of dental implant surgery
A dental implant is a small screw-shaped device which serves as a replacement root for a missing tooth. Surgical placement involves a small soft tissue incision so the doctor can create space in jawbone for the implant. The incision heals in a few days, and over the next several months bone fuses with the implant. This forms a solid base for a crown or other restoration.
Integrated care in Dunedin, FL for surgical implant placement
- Dr. Lepore has a special interest in implantology. As a fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, a member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, and a leader in the Spear Education Study Club, he is well-qualified to guide your treatment.
- If a dental implant is the best choice for your situation, Dr. Lepore provides referral to a surgeon with leading edge diagnostic instruments. These digital technologies give the doctor a clear view of the internal anatomy of your mouth and head, for precision implant planning. This degree of preparation contributes to an efficient procedure (so you spend less time in the chair) and minimizes risk of complications.
- The surgeon knows in advance if bone augmentation is needed to stabilize the implant and avoid communication with sinuses. If so, bone grafting can be merged seamlessly into the treatment plan.
- Your emotional wellbeing is an important element of complete health dentistry. Dr. Lepore works with the surgeon to be sure any anxiety you may have about the procedure is addressed, possibly with oral conscious sedation.
- After implant placement, your restoration can be completed at Lepore Comprehensive Dentistry, with a porcelain crown, implant bridge, or implant-retained denture.
With Dr. Lepore’s guidance in surgical placement and your conscientious daily oral hygiene, your implant could last a lifetime. Call (727) 608-4690 to schedule a consultation in Dunedin, FL.