Full mouth rehabilitation (also known as full mouth reconstruction or restoration) is a highly personalized process at Lepore Comprehensive Dentistry in Dunedin, FL. While the dental treatments that are included in a full mouth rehabilitation plan are different for each patient, the goal is the same: to rebuild your teeth, gums, and bite for a healthy smile that is not only functional and pain-free, but also attractive and one that you are proud to show off to others.
Who requires a full mouth rehabilitation?
Over the years, you may have experienced several problems with your mouth. These may include:
- Multiple missing teeth
- Several cracked teeth
- Broken teeth
- Several crowns, failing or not
- Severely worn teeth
- Irregular bite
Below are some of the conditions that could lead to a need for a rehabilitation:
The full mouth rehabilitation process
The rehabilitation process starts with what is perhaps the most important step: a comprehensive, personalized consultation. During this time, Dr. Lepore will examine your mouth to get a complete understanding of your current oral health, and he will also discuss your treatment goals and preferences at length with you to get a better understanding of how to approach your full mouth rehabilitation. Based on this consultation, Dr. Lepore will then create your custom treatment plan that may consist of one or more of the following phases:
- Treatment Planning Phase: Extensive dialogue with his dental laboratory, creating a mock-up prototype to develop an ideal final result. Your unique customized plan can usually be staged over multiple months or years to accommodate your budget, all the while continuously working toward a fantastic final result.
- Disease Control Phase: Conducting therapeutic procedures such as extractions, root canal therapy, bone grafting, deep cleanings or decay removal.
- Temporary/Prototype Phase: To make sure the developed plan will work with you, a patient is often placed in prototype provisionals (temporaries) that mimic the shape, color and function of the new proposed smile and bite. This stage is critical as it allows for multiple changes, if necessary, to be made before the final result is delivered. This phase may coincide with the “Disease Control Phase”
- Specialist Phase:
- Orthodontic Phase: Treatments used to straighten your teeth or correct issues with your bite.
- Periodontal Phase: Recontouring your gums and performing treatments to address gum disease and create symmetrical harmony in your gum and bone health. This could include procedures such as gum grafting, crown lengthening, or implant placement.
- Endodontic Phase: Should any teeth require root canal therapy or management due to extensive decay, abscesses or tooth pain.
- TMJ Management Phase (Oral Surgeon): Treating conditions such as temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ/TMD), muscular pain due to bruxism (clenching and grinding), or other underlying issues that may be affecting your oral health
- Final Restoration Phase: Definitive treatments including dental implants, crowns, tooth-colored fillings, or bridges
Personalized care for your unique smile
Each patient who comes into our practice has a unique set of oral health needs and preferences, which means that no two treatment plans are alike. From determining which treatments are best for your needs to crafting restorations for the most aesthetically pleasing results, Dr. Lepore uses a combination of modern techniques, experience, and artistry to help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile again.Full mouth rehabilitation does so much more than fix dental issues – it can make you truly feel like you have a new lease on life. Lepore Comprehensive Dentistry serves patients in the Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Clearwater Beach, Tarpon Springs, Largo, and surrounding communities. Call us today at (727) 608-4690.