Porcelain teeth crowns, also known as ceramic crowns, are custom-made caps that are placed on a damaged or weak tooth to protect it. The purpose of porcelain crowns is to restore teeth functionality and appearance. Most dentists like and prefer this type of teeth crowns for different reasons because they provide both cosmetic and functional benefits. Here is a list of the main advantages of porcelain crowns that make them a great alternative to dentures.
Benefits of Porcelain Teeth Crowns
Here is the list of the main benefits of this dental solution:
- Great appearance. Porcelain crowns easily match the natural color of your teeth. Unlike silver or golden crowns, they look natural and are indistinguishable from real teeth.
- Cost. Compared to other crown materials, porcelain crowns are cost-effective. Some people choose composite resin instead of porcelain, but it is less durable than porcelain and may require frequent restorations.
- Biocompatibility. Porcelain is compatible with the human body and safe. Many people may have allergic reactions to the metal components of crowns. Porcelain crowns, though, do not have such a negative effect on patients’ teeth or mouth.
- Strength and durability. Many patients do not realize, but porcelain crowns are as strong as natural teeth. If you care for your crowns properly, they can last for years.
- Stain resistance. Porcelain crowns are stain-resistant and stay white, even if you enjoy your favorite drinks, such as tea or coffee.
Get Your Porcelain Crowns at Lepore Comprehensive Dentistry in Dunedin FL
If you are looking for a trustworthy dental clinic in Dunedin, FL, and you are searching in Google “porcelain crowns near me” to get porcelain crowns. Lepore Comprehensive Dentistry is ready to help. Our clinic specializes in custom-designed crowns that blend seamlessly with the smile and create a natural appearance.
Share this Article
Back to Dental Crowns Page